GoDaddy offers a version of Microsoft Office 365 that is commonly used by companies setting up hosted email. There are some downsides with the GoDaddy version of Office 365 and one of them is you are not able to add audio conferencing for Microsoft Teams. There are other issues with the GoDaddy implementation that will hopefully be fixed at some point but we haven’t seen much improvement when it comes to new features.
For those that want to move away from GoDaddy and to a direct Microsoft CSP licensing model, we have helped clients accomplish that and not have to migrate to a new Office 365 tenant. That full migration process can be time-consuming and expensive. See more here.
If you are happy with GoDaddy but still need to add a dial-in number for Microsoft Teams, there is now a way to do it!
Purchase Teams Audio Conferencing
- Open a new incognito window in your browser (also known as a private window).
- Go to https://admin.microsoft.com/SubscriptionDetails?OfferId=A9643248-CF41-4F8B-A29F-507EB6EFAC3E&adminportal=1
- Sign in with your Godaddy Office 365 Email admin account. This should take you through the Godaddy O365 sign-in page.
- Select the number of licenses you want and Monthly or Annually Billing ( 1 for each person that will be Creating meetings where call-in is needed )
- Complete the purchase
- Do Not Click “Go to Admin Home”
Assign the License to Users
- Log in to https://portal.azure.com with the same Office 365 admin user account
- Click “Azure Active Directory”
- On the left, select “Licenses”
- Again on the left select “All Products”
- You should see Microsoft Audio Conferencing on the list with the number of licenses you purchased in the “available” section
- Click the check box next to it and then Click +Assign at the top of the list
- Click “Users” then select who it should be assigned to on the list.
- Finish by clicking Select at the bottom of the page and then clicking the blue Assign button in the bottom left corner.
Set up the conferencing in Teams Admin Center
- Log in to https://admin.teams.microsoft.com with the Same office 365 admin user account
- From the list on the left Click “Meetings” and then “Conference Bridges”
- Select a phone # that fits your region and set it as the default
- From the list on the left Select “Users”
- Click on each user name
- Under “account” make sure it is set to On and there is the correct Default Conferencing Toll Number assigned. If not, click Edit and assign one
- You Can also Select if a Dial-in Caller is allowed to be the first person to Join in the Edit section on that page.
Give it time
- It can take up to 24 hours for the Phone Numbers and Conference ID to be generated
- After that when you Create a new meeting in teams and Send the invite out it will include both the link to join and the Call-in phone number and meeting ID.